Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dar ke aage jeet hai

10 42 AM , 9 Dec 2010

Ran with the boys yesterday..i could see my long strides. A wee bit too long i think for my to control them.
I gave up in 6 rounds, my heart pounding in my chest.
The boys ran all 10.
I had given up much before I had actually given up. I was competing when all I believed in till then was beating my own benchmarks.Forgot that somewhere on the way.
This morning, I tried a more convenient strategy to beat my benchmark- to do my 10K trial on the tread mill, away from the boys and an autopush machine which will not allow me to give up.

On the way to the gym, however, with a little push from a friend, I decided to hit the road..
My legs hurt, think anaerobic reactions had started in my quads. Will not be an exagerration to say, I was aware of every stride I took. Everyone of them longer than what my body allowed.. my mind was clearly pushing and dint want to give up just yet.
Clocked 1:01:35:08 - my best 10 k trial honestly.
I didnt do too bad..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment