Saturday, March 10, 2012

The third decade

16 July 546PM
30s set in..
I look at the 4 strands of grey often in the mirror.. a sense of achievement as if I had a hand in painting them that way..
And boast too to colleagues around that I have more than one now..
30 is sinking in now.. all the years before this have become surreal now..
Like they never happened.. or happened at the back of the mind somewhere..
‘ This probably will be the most important decade of your life’ someone said..
It will be..
It has to be…
Not that I am missing having left the train.. not that twenties could have counted more than they did.. or may be they could have.. but I don't give a damn..
But the next decade will be a wee bit too late.. know that in my gut..
Ive stopped looking at the boys now..
Doesn't give too much thrill now.. major sign I wd think to have moved to the more important stuff in life..
If it’s here and now.. what do I ought to do..what greatness will be greatness enough..?
Do I look at making good of my talent.. I have it.. but is it good enough..?
Or should I chug along as I am.. for aint I doing well?
Or would greatness be a much wiser me ..a more aware me.. at peace with myself.. with who I am..
This time rouses as much curiosity as it scares..
But I better know where it’s going…so if even it means I am doing nothing..

1 comment:

  1. Its so simple. And yet. Its whats going on in our minds :)

    ReplyDelete